Tooth Clenching and Grinding Solutions
When you wake up, do you feel fabulous? Or do you suffer with:
- Aching jaw joints?
- Aching or sensitive teeth?
- Morning headaches?
- Tension type headache?
Tooth Clenching and Grinding affects over 10 million adults in the UK.
Effects of Bruxism (teeth clenching and grinding)
Bruxism sufferers are affected in many ways, some experience short term side effects, whilst others can be subject to more long-term issues.
Many symptoms are less likely to be dental related; often they are left untreated for many years. It is common for patients to turn to their GP and have many investigations for other medical conditions, including MRI scans, brain scans and many other tests.
Short-term effects of bruxism
- Regular headaches and migraines
- Aching jaw & facial muscles
- Ear ache
- Sinus pains
- Stiff neck and shoulders
- Limited mouth opening
- Poor sleep quality
- Sleep disturbance of bed partner due to noise
- Tooth mobility and tooth loss
- Fractured tooth cusps and broken fillings
- Receding and inflamed gums
- Tongue scalloping
Long-term effects of bruxism
- Excessive facial muscle tone
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (sometimes called TMJD or just TMJ)
- Clicking or popping jaw joint
- Tooth wear and tooth loss
You may be one of those 10 million adults who clench or grind their teeth. If you recognise the symptoms below please talk to us.